Now I may not need to do any changes to this load but I need to do more tests to verify that. This was kind of explained on another thread but I will do a short re cap in a different way. Ive done an ocw for my 260 a few months ago and was shooting very small tight groups at 100 yrds. But the cbto length was too long to use mag. So through a couple attempts and adjustments, Ive come to a good feeding length that doesnt bind in the mag at all. But its about 41 thou. shorter than the length I did the ocw at.

Now with that out of the way, one of my issues is at 100yrds my group went from .4 moa to 1.0 moa. But again I havent ruled out how much of that is me or change in the way I was shooting. The OCW was done on front and rear bags and now I am shooting on bipod and rear bag. So If I go back to front and back bag and the group goes small again problem solved, I will know its me and my set up. BUT,

Lets say I go back to the bags and it stays at 1 moa. Well then Im going to have to do a load adjustment.

Question: What is the general effect on a load when seating the bullet deeper and deeper in to a cartridge? Does the pressure come up and therefore MV also? Im just trying to get an idea of what direction I may have to go to get the load back to equal the the load that had already showed to be a good load for this rifle. In short I was thinking of doing a ladder test a couple load levels lower than the one I am currently using.

Am I going in the right direction with my thinking? The down side is Im not going to have a chance to shoot this for possibly as long as 3 weeks. UGH!!!