I am sure that darkker will respond to your question with the proper answer. But what I gather from the "invaluable" information he is providing us, the only "reliable" way we can know if we are " over pressure" is with Trace Equipment, or for us more normal types, the Chronograph. When we see that our velocity is exceeding max book numbers, we are exceeding max book pressures. Without a Chronograph, the only way to reliably know we are there, is to stop short of max published loads. With the information I have gained from darkker I no longer look for a node that is at the "hot side". If for no other reason, my brass will last a lot longer.

As far as safety is concerned, I am convinced my Savage actions can handle a lot more than Max Book Pressure. It's just nice to have a reliable way to know when I am there.

It's going to be no small task to get the reloading public to stop relying on the "hocus pocus" of "brass reading" to tell us when we are nearing pressure trouble ! Hope this helps...Jim :-)