My mind is made up!

Particularly after having found this old thread;
http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...nter-questions

I had been going back and forth on a couple different models and had just bid on a discontinued model 10 carbine but stopped bidding once the price had reached near retail, +shipping, +transfer... The hog hunter though is another I had been interested in for quite a while. My biggest concern had been the stock but my intended use is in the .223 for coyotes at likely not more than 200 yards. I found the thread I linked above and have to say that's the best info I've found on model numbers and letter designation anywhere on the webz! There's so much bad information out there.

I have scope base and rings picked out but haven't made any final determination on a scope. I'm looking at Redfield Revolution, Leupold Rifleman, and maybe Vortex Crossfire or Diamondback. I'm leaning towards the Leupold Rifleman is made in the US, some Redfields are but I'm not sure the Revolution is.

Anyway, I want to thank you folks here as I've been able to find what I need on this model to make my decision and be confident in it!