My trusty .223 110 is in the shop getting a going over. It doesn't really need it but I'm not happy unless I'm messing with something that doesn't need messing with...

So I'm getting re-acquainted with my .308 Win. Hog Hunter. I'm basically only reloading one bullet for it right now, 155 Gn. Hornady AMax, using Varget powder.

I have 11 pounds of Varget; 3 pounds in one lot number, 4 pounds in another lot number and 4 pounds of differing lot numbers from themselves / others. Those 4 pounds I picked up during 2014 from 2 different gunshops at different times when I could.

I got to talking with a buddy thats even newer to reloading than I am. The question: Would there be anything wrong with mixing the four pounds of varying lot numbers together, mixing them carefully and well? My thinking is that when breaking into that 4 pound mix I could do one (or 2, depending on brass type, bullet type etc.) load developments, rather than have to do four separate developments; one for each "odd" pound opened.

My concern is the variance between lot numbers as to burn rate, etc.

Anyway- this seems to make sense to me, but, I may just be missing something. Please let me know what you think...and as always thanks so much!

Brian