So I walk into a local gunshop today to browse thru some pistols and see what bullets they had. As Im getting ready to leave I notice a Savage that stuck out among the 8-10 he had there. This one caught my attention and I cant get it out of my head, which is gonna get me in trouble I think ;D.

It was a stainless steel Model 16 in .243(caliber may be only reason I wouldnt get it), but the reason it was so special was this.
-instead of the normal black synthetic stock on a model 16, this one had a HIGH gloss walnut Monte Carlo stock on it, similar to those on a 14 American Classic, but nicer checkering and finish.
- It also had a 24" ST-FLUTED sporter contour barrel, which I hadnt seen before.
- It had all the stainless hardwre, DBM, smooth barrel nut, bottom bolt release button, jeweled bolt body, etc.

All this made one H*ll of a sweet looking rifle, and one that I cannot find in Savages catalog, their website, or anywhere. The only downfall for me is Id want it for a deer rifle and would want bigger than a 243, and wouldnt find another fluted barrel like that to do a swap with. The dealer said he didnt know the model number as he couldnt find it either. Said the place he orders from said they had a very nice Savage in stock so he said send it. It is priced at like $599 though.

Only thing I can think is it was something ordered thru the custom shop and then cancelled or something. Dont know, but he's trying to find the same one in a bigger caliber, and if he does it may be mine.

Anyone else seen one similar? I know I could build one but thought this one was an oddball for a NIB rifle.