Looking to get a decent comp off the ground without reinventing the wheel, open to suggestions.

We have a local range with berms at 100 yard intervals out to 550 yards, various "gongs" and makeshift targets indicate that ppl are in fact shooting at these ranges.

This range (3mile, just north of Afton IA) also has a trap/skeet range that gets most of the use/attention.

I'd like to start a local level comp that gets ppl shooting at the longer ranges and see how things go from there. Realistically I would hope for 6-10 ppl at the first few shoots. We won't have pits or target pullers just a berm and a shooting line. That being the case I'm thinking that to begin with we set up at 300 yards, far enough to be fun and close enough to be doable for all. We shoot off the ground, with a rest or bipod allowed, targets are big "shoot-n-see" type so everyone can spot their hits. First 10-15 minutes is open target, as many sighters as you like, then we put up new targets, shoot 5 for score, repeat 5 times, best ag overall wins.

Basically looking for a venue for the local folks to shoot their rifles in a coordinated way that is fun but also has just enough structure to make winning mean something.

I realize this isn't exactly f-class let alone benchrest but just trying to start something, if it can morph into something closer to national specs or if someone has a better idea I'm all ears.

Thoughts?