I used to post here quite a bit several years ago but my account seems to be gone, so I made a new one. I tried searching my questions below in the forum search but no combination of text I put in would allow me to search. It kept coming up empty with the suggestion that I try different text. Maybe it is some kind of block since my account is new.

For a while I was leaning towards the 338 Edge on one of my Savage RUM actions, but decided to go with the 338 LM since I already have a complete set of Redding dies with micrometer seating and neck sizing dies included and a bunch of Lapua brand brass.

The BA looks tempting with the fancy metal chassis, but I keep reading stuff about how finicky they can be, so I am leaning towards the FCP instead. I have found one of each for sale locally for great prices - Just need to pick which one. The BA is about 5 years old, so it might be one of the "less desirable" ones perhaps? What do I need to look out for with either model?

Another option would be to build one with a 300 RUM large shank action that I have just sitting here -- if those will work, or is the 338 LM action a totally different piece of metal than the 300 RUM? What problems would I run into using this action that is about 6 years old that came off an accutrigger rifle without the wedge thing.

For those of you who have added up the cost of building one with a high quality barrel like a Krieger, detachable mag bottom metal and a stock equal to or better than the one that comes with the FCP, or perhaps the BA, how close does it end up cost-wise vs just buying the FCP or the BA? I would look up the prices myself but I have no clue what to look for as far as brands / sources.

Again, for someone who has already done the work, would you mind giving me a list of where to find the following items?

Bottom Metal and Magazine for 338 LM that will work with my 300 RUM action
Stock that is equal to or better than the FCP factory stock
Stock that is equal to or better than the BA factory stock
Brake that is equal to or better in recoil reduction than the factory brake

Also feel free to chime in on your views as to which of the 3 would be how you would go - FCP, BA or Build.

Thanks in advance