Hello everybody,
I have had my Savage now for a year and a half and have had a recurring problem with my gun. It's that the action screws get bound up and won't budge when trying to get them out so you will just strip the screws. They're tightened to 40 inch pounds everytime so I know it's not that. Savage has had to fix it twice already. So I got it back after the second time and I decided to thread the barrel. I'm an experienced machinist so it was no problem. Threaded it trued a muzzle brake on to match the contour and its good to go. I put it back together shot it and everything was fine. Well I took it coyote hunting the other day and it started pouring rain. I took it home and I was going to take the bolt out so I could clean the gun and noticed that the bolt won't come out. The bottom bolt release seems like it's not engaging anything. It takes a lot of force to move that release. The firearm works flawlessly but it won't release the bolt. Do you think Savage will take the gun back for fixing or am I SOL due to having the barrel threaded?