Can anyone tell me with certainty if the limb savers (classic pre fit) 10111 recoil pad fits the 220 adequately? I shot 15 rounds at the range and waited between shots about 10 minutes. I can not believe how this gun prints groups. At 80 yards, all three were touching. I was shooting off a bulls bag and snugging in the stock tight to my shoulder. I am shooting 3" Remington accutips and there is no reason to look further. HOWEVER, I had one heck of a sore shoulder from recoil. I put an ice pack on that evening. I don't want to use anything to hold the gun for scope sight ins as I feel that's not apples to apples when im hunting. My son has the same gun too, so I am looking to buy two pads.
While I am at it, I am considering ordering the de-resonators that slip onto the barrel too. Anyone have any experience with them too? I am considering the bull barrel size that starts at 3/4" and up. The barrel is just over 3/4" diameter. I have one on my 3006 and it seemed to tighten my groups about an 1" at 200 yards. I'm thinking with a free floating barrel, It may be helpful?
But the recoil pad....I got to do something. I understand that savage started out with a softer pad but it tore so easily that they had to change to something more durable....and let tell you what...it might be durable but it does not help tame the punch of 3" slugs! I'd love to hear from someone who has put this recoil pad ON THEIR gun and how satisfied they are with the fit and function before I double down for two.