So, I'm looking to update the stock on my 6.5 Creedmoor. I'd like to transition to something that takes AI mags instead of the stock mag while I'm doing it (I'd need bottom metal anyways since it's a Trophy Hunter) and once I started looking at my options I sort of started to think that a chassis and full Boyd's setup are going to be similar in price but alot less work. Really, there are 3 possibilities I'm looking at.

1) Boyds Pro-Varment with CDI Bottom Metal - $450 plus the extra work of properly bedding everything. No adjustable LOP available.

2) KRG 180-Alpha- $778. Haven't seen many reviews of this yet, but the Whiskey-3 and X-Ray get great reviews.

3) XLR Element w/ Tactical Stock- $685. Good reviews, fully adjustable stock. Pay a slight premium for the bottom bolt release.

When I type it out it doesn't seam that close in price, but their are 2 things that make me hesitate the Boyd's. First, having to bed everything myself, and second, having the barrel channel not be large enough when I decide to replace the barrel with something a larger contour.

I guess I'm really just trying to decide if the difference in cost is really justified. Buy once Cry once type stuff. Any opinnions anyone would like to share?