Hello all
I posted a link on this on the axis specific forum. I am doing a stock upgrade to my savage axis II xp .308. I purchased the Boyds Classic stock and recently received it. I went to swap the stock out only to find that the front action screw was to short and did not engage any threads. I purchased the longer screw set from Boyds but the longer front action screw that came in the set is to long by almost a 1/4 inch. Has anyone run into this with a Boyds stock swap on their axis? The axis is unique in that the recoil lug is free/separate from the action. The 11/111 "my buddy owns" has the recoil lug built into the action as one piece. I am wondering if maybe the set the recoil lug up to high in the stock and therefore it is preventing the screw from engaging??? Has anyone delt with this similar situation on their Boyds axis stock swap?

My stock is currently at CDI getting inletted for their bottom metals. Savage doesnt make a set of bottom metals that fit the axis s.a. as i was told by them directly.

Thank you,
Cody