Thread: Trigger Gard-Bottom Bolt Release Issues

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trigger Guard-Bottom Bolt Release Issues

I am currently trying to finish up a 6.5-284 build and have ran into a couple of issues.

The build is based on a complete Savage factory 6.5-284. I simply removed and sold the barrel and plopped a CBI barrel on there instead.

Here is the issue. The portion of the stock inlet where the front of the trigger guard rests is 40 thousandths to tall and needs some material removed. The stocks was milled out with out taking into consideration the metal piece and has the spring attached for the bolt release: It just so happens that the metal plate with the spring is 40 thousandths thick. My question is can I remove the 40 thousandths from the front of the trigger guard instead of milling the aluminum pillar down? If I place all of the bolt release components into the stock, everything stops working as in safety, trigger etc... If I remove all of the bolt release components (bottom bolt release) the rifle functions just fine. In fact, I have thought about leaving the bolt release components out all together. When the bolt needs to be removed, it is very easy to get to the bolt release pin inside the stock.

The front of the trigger portion that rests on the pillar area has a channel that was built into it which happens to be around 40 thousandths tall. This is the part I am wondering if I can remove.

Thanks,

Shawn
    Last edited by sawacs; 08-29-2015 at 08:19 AM.
    "Face Piles of Trials With Smiles"
    NRA Life Member