I went to the range today to shoot my 12 for the first time. It's chambered in 22-250. Last week I took my 12LRP in 6.5 Creedmoor. It was shooting outstanding groups at 100, 200 & 300 yards.
Today I bore sighted the LRPV at 100 yards just like last week. I fired a round and could not see a hole. The target was a two foot by three foot cardboard with a 4" x 6" white label in the center. Tried two more shots still nothing. Ammo was Hornady 55gr V-Max.
I then started moving around the cardboard to see if a shot would show up. Not a one. So I walk down to 50 yards and take a shot. Nothing. I walk another 25 yards so I'm now at 25 yards. I get a hole about 10" low 6" to the right.
What the heck is happening ? This is a good gun. Every review I have ever seen is fantastic.
I get out my Savage 20 gauge bolt shot gun to sight in. I bore sight it and shoot it. It's on paper about 6" high. A make a correction and two shots later I'm done. I'm fairly confident I'm not the problem.
My twist is 1:9. Nothing I have read says the twist is too fast for the 55 grain V-Max round. I put it into the Berger stability calculator and it checks out in the GOOD category.
Does any one have any thoughts what's happening ? I checked the scope and it's secure. I'm going to take the scope off and put the pointed type scope ring aligning bars and see if their in line. The rings are Leupold steel tactical 30mm.
The scope is a Vortex Viper HS 6-24x50. The whole rig is brand new, scope, gun and ammo. Never ever had this happen before.

Randy