Thread: 6.5mm Alco bullet review...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LongRange

6.5mm Alco bullet review...

GRUMPA told me about Alco bullets so i decided to give them a try in my 260 after talking to Al at Alco bullets. well they showed up today and im not sure if i should call these sex,evil or bada$$??

these are Alco's 140g 6.5mm-RBT-AT VLD target/hunting bullets and at .84 cents ea they probable arnt for most ppl but i like to test new things and if they shoot as well as the stated .735 BC then they should prove interesting to say the least...and yes ive seen the thread on long range hunting so please dont bring all of that into this thread...and im no ballistics tech so for me to calc BC i do it the old school way...by shooting in the wind...and if they buck it better and have less drop compared to the big name high BC bullets well then id guess they have a higher BC LOL!!

to measure the bearing surface i started by using two comparators one on each blade of my calipers like i normally do but was getting different reading because of the design of the boat tail so i measured the same 20 bullets off the base to ogive and they were all .807 to .808 with one being .805(about the same measurements as a 139g lapua bullet)...close enough for me.
    next i weighed all 100 bullets and they were all 140.2g except one...it was 140.3g

the bullets come in a nice box of 50ea with padding kinda like the Bergers do...i bought a 100...

this is an Alco bullet seated touching the lands in my shilen barrel...2.465 was the average off the ogive...yes these bullets are long...a 142g SMK is 2.395 touching the lands in this same barrel...the tips are aluminum...

a 142g SMK left and a 140g AB right....

boat tails....142g SMK left and a 140g AB right....

ill get out early tomorrow morning and shoot an OCW but im going to shoot the OCW at 200yds as im thinking 100yds is to close for these bullets.

also to the MODs...if you guys want to move this to the range report section its ok as its going to end up a range report any how.
    Last edited by LongRange; 08-01-2015 at 08:17 PM.