Alright, I got my 338/375 Ruger reamer from PTG a few weeks ago. That went to Benchmark to have an 18" barrel made for my Striker. I planned to have a companion rifle barrel made as soon as I get the reamer back in 6-7 weeks (if the good folks at Benchmark are on schedule ) Everybody loves the convenience of having a rifle and handgun that use the same ammo don't they? ;D

Well, I walked down to check the mail today and I had a letter from PTG. I hadn't talked to them since I ordered the 338/375 reamer more than a month ago, so I wasn't sure what this was. I open it up, and it's a print for a 358/375 Ruger that Dave Kiff made up. This is the sort of unsolicited mail I don't mind getting!

I promised myself that I wouldn't start any new projects until the 338/375 Ruger Striker was finished, but this is hard to resist. The 338 has the bullets and ballistics to be fine long range round. But the 358 version would be an awesome mid range hammer in a rifle. I'm thinking that if I can track down a used 24" 35 cal barrel, I can have it rechambered and be good to go for less than $250, including the reamer. But, for a couple more bucks I could have a Sin Arms barrel made. And if I spend the money on a better barrel, I should really just get another action to build off of. And then maybe a custom stock, or........... ;D

Andrew