Today, the Boyd's Stock/CDI Bottom Metal arrived, and thought I would take a few quick pictures.

Haven't had an opportunity to fool with it to much, but here are few early observations.

It was shipped and packaged well and communications with CDI was top notch. Pam and Jeff stayed in touch throughout the process and answered any questions that I had. From what I can tell so far the inletting was excellent!! Both of the action screw inserts in the Boyd's stock were removed. (Pics to come). The bottom metal itself is quite a bit smaller than the standard Savage bottom metal, but bedside's that looks to be exactly the same black anodized aluminum.

The MDTTAC Mag needs to be "rocked in" like the standard Axis DBM's from front to back. Loading ammo went smoothly, however when I locked the magazine in it sat about 1/4 inch to high and the bolt head would hit the feed lips and you were not able to load a round. If you pulled down on the magazine just a little it would drop and then the bolt was able to pick one up. Did this 5-6 times and it occurred repeatedly, not sure if this is an issue with the mag, bottom metal or inletting, but will try and figure it out. Once it got going it cycled the rounds without issue.

More to come, over the weekend.

The soon to be Savage Axis .308