Hey Everyone!

Just layed away one of the new Savage Edge rifles in 223 with the Bushnell 3-9x40 scope. They call it the XP package. Dunham's had them for $329. They only had 2 so I layed it away, I will pick it up monday. I have heard people criticizing them before they get out of the starting gate. But I have read a few very thourogh reviews by Jeff Quinn and a fellow named Heally. From what I can tell it seems to be a solid rifle. It has the standard black synthetic stock, but I noticed the wrist was rather thin. That is OK for me because I have small hands anyway. It has a 2 position safety in the same spot as most Savage/Stevens 200 rifles. It has a very nice butt pad, but I don't imagine the .223 has much kick anyway. The reciever looks very solid. It has a smaller ejection port than some rifles on the market, but I don't foresee that as being a problem. It has the same barrel nut assembly as the other centerfire Savage and Stevens rifles. It is supposed to shoot 1 MOA out of the box. The scope is a basic Bushnell. It is not a top of the line scope, but I am sure it will function well. This is my third Savage/Stevens rifle. I have had very good luck with the first two, a 93r17FV in .17 cal, and a Stevens 200 in 30-06. As soon as I take it to the range, I will let you know how it performs.

Thanks
uncleslim