Around mid-June of '09 I bought a Savage Model 12 22-250 at my local Gander Mountain. At the time I was simply looking for a reasonably priced target/coyote rifle in 22-250 and the Savage was a reasonably priced option with the accu-trigger. I didn't pay much attention to the specific model number or anything of that nature and the paperwork I have for rifle doesn't show one either. Due to military obligations I've only recently been able to actually shoot this rifle, however I'm quite pleased with it.

Roll around to present day and I find this forum. Which thankfully has already helped me with one problem: the super touchy factory set accu-trigger I'll be turning up very soon. Now I'm trying find out some specifics on the rifle so I can upgrade from the factory "tupperware" stock to something more suited for bi-pod use and choose the best ammunition for it. I'm hoping some of the gurus around here can help me out.

Accu-trigger
Factory heavy barrel 26"
Synthetic stock
Blued barrel and receiver (glossy not matte)
Stainless? jeweled bolt with blued handle
Blind magazine (not sure how to distinguish center-feed from stagger-feed)
4.25" pillar screw spacing

From the Savage letter dictionary I at least know it's a 12FV. I'm not sure how the jeweled bolt fits into that though since the two catalogs I have access to ('07 and '10) do not show the 12FV with them.

I'm wanting to know the barrel twist rate more than anything right now so I can track down a suitable ammunition. I'm currently using Winchester 45gr JHP varmint rounds for punching paper at 100 yrd, but I've read a heavier round might be better suited to this rifle? I know Savage alternates between a 9" ('07) and 12" ('10) twist on these rifles and I'd like to pin which I have.

I did see Mad Dog's stickied post on DoMs based off the serial number, but my G675xxx is well past his G444xxx cutoff.

I hope you folks can help me out!