Looks like I get my first (last?) experience with Savage customer service...

Picked up a 11 Trophy Predator Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor a few months back and noticed that factory 140gr Amax Match ammo required a little extra "oomph" to close the bolt on, that ejected live rounds had scratches up to the ogive, some ejected fired cases had faint ejector marks and sometimes I experienced sticky bolt. Ran 5 rounds across a Magnetospeed and averaged 2810fps...from a 22" barrel!!!

Ran 5 of the same lot through a 26" Criterion Rem-Age barrel and experienced no hard bolt closing, no scratched up live rounds, no ejector marks and no sticky bolt with 5-round average velocity of 2857fps, very typical of a 26" 6.5 Creedmoor.

Finally got around to measuring the 140 Amax, 123 Amax, 140 HPBT and 142 SMK and discovered that the 11 Trophy Predator Hunter hit the lands at least a full 0.18" before the Criterion with each bullet.

Called Savage earlier today and they took my info, saying UPS would come pick the rifle up at my house tomorrow (5/7) for them to evaluate it.

I know there were a number of other Savage 6.5 Creedmoors in the last couple years that had signifigant issues with short chambers, so I'm curious how those that went through all that fared. Did they punch your chamber out to the .199 SAAMI standard, replace the barrel, or do nothing? What was the turnaround time?

Thanks...