One of the things that has annoyed me since I got my savage is the fact that it only hold 4 rounds. Its a model 111 long action center feed. When it was in the factory stock you could put 4 in the mag and one in the chamber, you then had to hold down on the top round in the mag and push the bolt over it. I did not like this. Why couldnt it be like the 10 or so mil-surp rifles I have where I stick 5 rounds in the mag and close the bolt. I always shoot in multiples of 5. I shoot 5 shot groups, I only target shoot, no hunting.
Well I put a new barrel on it and put it in a choate ultimate varmiter stock. Now I love my rifle and love the stock, but it only holding 4 rounds annoys the crap out of me. In the choate ultimate varmiter stock, it will hold 4 in the mag and thats it, you cant press the top one down enough to push the bolt over it. GRRRRRR

So what about converting to a DBM? I saw the conversion that SSS offers, but it only holds NINE rounds DANG IT. I want this rifle to hold either 5 rounds or if DBM, 10 rounds. But DBM of 5 rounds would be fine too, I could live with that. I love my UV stock and do not want to get rid of it, so could this stock be machiened to accept a DBM? I assume doing something like this is gonna be the only option to make me happy. Find a DBM and have the stock converted/machiened to fit it.
Has anyone ever done such a thing? I know you can have a stock made for a DBM, but what about modifying a blind mag stock to accept a DBM?