I realize a guy started a thread already on this just a bit ago, but I didn't want to hijack.

But out of curiosity that may lead to me eventually building one, how good would the savage magnum action be for a 338 build? Im not sure ive heard enough good about them as far as accuracy (maybe it was the shooters?) to leave them be, so I thought I might find a used LRH or 110 BA and use the action as a donor. I wouldn't worry about it so much, except the entire gun from savage can be had for around 1200 I think on Buds for a LRH. Seems cheap and seems like corners may have been cut. That being said, savage makes great guns, but Ive heard their quality has gone down hill in some areas.

Now of course some may think "why are you thinking about building a gun that big?" Well, i wont depending on what the outlook after im out of college is. Ill just do a 300 WM or something if im gonna be only around here. If I enlist...338 LM is getting built one way or another and I may not even worry about how much it costs anyways then so worrying about savage magnum actions might be irrelevant. Wont be any time soon tho, I haven't even got my crazily over budget .308 done. Itll be 3 months before I even get my McMillan A5 and thats uninletted!