Well I got tired of the cracking on my Boyd's Tacticool/ pro varmint laminated stock. Mine is one of the colored ones that is supposed to be harder material. I think between the half hole at the back and the limited amount of material there.

I decided to make an aluminum bedding block for it and carve out the stock to fit it.

The block machining went well and it is easy to make for one of these guns.

Removing the reinforcing pin in the Boyd's stocks sucks. It's thin tubing that even a brand new non coated carbide end mill grabs ahold of it and shoves it out the side of the stock. Drilling through the stock can also be a challenge, as sharp twist drill bits don't work well as it wants to grab a layer of laminate. I don't know what would be the best way to drill it. I'll end up with some black poly filler in the stock. But oh well.... I'm definitely not a wood worker.

Now for the important part.....

If I did it again I would have made the bedding block long enough to go inferrin in front of the recoil lug, back to the end of the tang, and have the block, bottom metal, and trigger guard all one piece.

I didn't have a piece of aluminum big enough and didn't want to wait till next week for it to show up.