All pre 2015 Savage 10 FCP-SR were supposed to come with 20 MOA rails, right? I saw it on the website until they took down the info for the Gen 1 10 FCP-SR. I know the 2015 Gen 2 come with 0 MOA rail.

My NIB never fired 10 FCP-SR is flawless except it came with an obviously factory installed (it still had factory oil under the mounting surfaces). According to Savage the birth date of my rifle is August 3, 2012.

My rail is marked "EGW Savage SA". I removed it an measured the total height front and rear. It is exactly 11 milimeters from the bottom of the base to the top of the lugs...front and back. That is how you tell, correct? I see no evidence that this is elevated at all in the rear.

Savage absolutely, firmly maintains that ONLY the .338 Lapua has ever came with a 20 MOA rail. And they dont even stock an EGW 20 moa rail that would fit a model 10 action. Are they smoking something or are scores of owners totally wrong when they claim their 10- FCP-SR came with a 20 MOA rail?

I cant tell you how adamant Savage was that I and dozens of other owners are 100% wrong about any 20 MOA rails.

So, I am out of luck as far as getting a free replacement 20 MOA EGW rail? It seems so. Why would they do this? Not real pleased.

Maybe this is a blessing and just forces me to buy that pricey Ken Farrel FG-Force rail with huge adjustable lug. I dont like buying anything in the middle. Its either factory OEM or overkill Heavy duty. My scope does weight a ton at 33oz, so there is that. Close to $150 usd shipped is a quite a chunk of change for a rail, however. oh, well. I like overkill. There is that too.