Hello All,

I started a project in December for a long range hunting rifle, Coyotes to Elk, ranges to 1000 yds, landscape: Eastern Montana.

After a good bit of reading I decided to try the 111 LRH in 300WM, planning to use 208 AMAX or 210 Nosler ABLR. Figured if the stock rifle wouldn't shoot as well as I liked I would rebarrel with a match barrel and try again, I think I'm there......

I bought the Rifle, checked the barrel/stock seating and retorqued the action screws (and have checked them all along). I mounted a Bushnell ET6245, 6-24x50 on Warne Steel base and rings. Have repeatedly checked for tightness.

Broke barrel in shooting/ cleaning routine from precision shooting. Had some 168 bthp, 180 Nosler BT, and 190 Nos BTHP's I used for the first 60-80 rnds to break in barrel, used IMR 7828 and IMR 4831 with these bullets and had some good groups,several 3 shot groups 0.65-0.9". I usually shoot 2 x 3 shot groups with each load for load workup and have switched to the 208 AMAX, H1000, Fed215M, Norma Brass, Oal 3.490 (my magazine will only accommodate 3.50"). My results have been mediocre at best, best groups running 1.3" and up to 2.7" (100 yds)

I have over 150 rounds thru the rifle now and wonder if I should keep trying other combinations to see if I can get something to shoot or just cut to the chase and get the Premium barrel with a match chamber and be on my way. I'm thinking a 26" Criterion with a match chamber and muzzle break, change the recoil lug and barrel nut while I'm at it. I'm sure if I went down to the 168-190 gr bullets I could get something to shoot, well it all ready has, or keep trying the 208/210's with different powders and maybe something will work, but this stuff takes time and the components aren't cheap.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Trapper458