Hello all,

Just signed up here since I figure you guys would be the group that would be able to help me.

Anyway...

I purchased a Savage Axis II .243 about a month ago. It came with a Weaver 3-9x40mm scope. Since Savage claims they bore sight them before leaving the facility I figured I would be on paper. Not even close. It shot about 1.5 ft. low right out of the box. So then I tried making my elevation adjustment. Well after the scope elevation was maxed out, I still shot around 2-3" low at 100 yards. I have a gunsmith that was at the range that day take a quick look at it and try it out. He attempted to do all he could, but he said it was likely in the scope/rings/bases, or a possibly a combination of all of them.

So I then went out and bought a Leupold 3-9x40mm VX1 scope and Leupold rings that would attach to the Weaver style bases. I bought a bore sighting kit and dialed that in at home. Looked great and I thought I had figured it out. Went back out to the range, and still no luck. Maxed out elevation and still shot about 1.5" low.

So my thought is the last thing it can be is the bases themselves, since that is the only thing that was not replaced. I then bought the DNZ aluminum one piece mount. I figured there was no margin for human error there and I read great reviews. I installed the mount (which is great quality BTW) and headed to the range yesterday. At 100 yards it shoots right at 1" low with the scope elevation maxed out. I just don't get it.

I even went as far as to try a laser bore sighter today. And surprisingly when I look through the scope, the red dot is well above my cross hairs at about 20 yards. Indicating that I should be shooting HIGH instead of low!? I seriously don't get it. At this point, the only thing I can think of is something messed up in the threading of the barrel? What do you guys think it could be? I know it is under warranty, but I feel they would just bore sight it and say its fine (since it passes the bore sight test).

I have shot 100 grain and 80 grain. Both have the same issue.

I would really appreciate any input or thoughts you guys may have. I know this is kind of long, but I wanted to explain everything without forgetting vital info.