Took the rifle (Axis 270) to the range today as I had been having problems with it loading and ejecting cartridges … I had been using snap caps and figured that it was probably the reason…( Finally my backordered case arrived so away I went )….Still had problems and I had a spare clip and that did not make any difference..Long story short….It was the rotating tab on the bolt…The indentation was not facing to the right…Works like a champ now and shoots like I couldn't believe…Average 4 shots in a touch over a quarter size bull at a 100 yards…Wow…That is with the entry level Bushnell and no accu-trigger….I did put a boyds classic stock on it and a 104 Kick eez which fit close to perfect…I am happy as a clam…I just received a Axis II youth model ( Muddy Girl) 243 for my wife…( We both have rotator cuff issues )….Can't wait to get her to the range with it….I just couldn't take a pink gun along with me today…LOL…( Not really just didn't have any ammo for it yet )….I like this 270 rifle better that the 67 Belgium Browning 30:06 I once had…Really….Almost as much as I liked my M-16 back in the day….Great gun Savage…And it was 249.95 at Palmetto...