Quote Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
I don't know. But if you were that close and gut shot it, at least you could follow it up with a kill shot and not have the thing die 3 days and 10 miles later from having its own **** in its bloodsteam. Personally, I've only taken one game animal with a rifle. One shot went lung-heart-lung, and the second shot went spine-brain-jaw. Total time from guaranteed kill shot to complete blackness was 3-4 seconds.
Well congratulations on your first kill. I suggest you read the first 3 words of your own statement here. Because had you known, the second shot wouldnt have been necessary would it?
Be prepared because your next one just might not go as well. I can show you a few very nice racks of bucks ive killed that were crippled before i ever shot at them.
One in particular after having been traveling several days and several miles after being hit high thru the ribs with an 06. I''ll even introduce you to the very good hunter who originaly hit him and who was still attempting to catch up with him when i finished him.
Have you ever watched from almost a mile as some guy dropped a buck like a sack of rocks and have it slide down a steep hill in the snow and never even kick? And then run after the few other deer with it that ran when he shot? Well i have, and i'll tell you what, if we didnt go get the thing after the guy walked away it would have been like many others guys like that shoot, COYOTE FOOD.
We even renamed that location to stupid bush hunter hill.
Where are we going today? I dont know, maybe that stupid bush hunter will be back, lets go there. lol
We all have enough fingers to point in lots of directions including our own.