Has anyone else found that the front...I don't even know what to call it. "Semi-pillar"? "Recessed escutcheon"? Whatever it is, has anyone else found theirs to be made of plastic? In my previous four or five Boyds Axis stocks this piece had always been made of some sort of metal, my guess being aluminum. However, I recently took delivery of a Pro Varmint, and during my initial inspection I noticed that the piece in question was loose in the front action screw hole. As I pushed the piece back up toward the inletting, I noticed my brass punch made a dull tap rather than the expected, distinctive, metal-on-metal tap. Upon closer inspection, it had the look of an injection-molded piece of nylon.

I'm returning the stock for an unrelated delamination issue, but I'm wondering if this is what I have to expect from the replacement. Actually, I have another stock on order as well, and if it too has this ridiculous plastic piece, it will be my last Boyds. I was disappointed by their decision to cheap out on the trigger guard after the first run, but if they are replacing both points of action screw contact with plastic bearing surfaces, that's just silly.