I've searched around but haven't found an answer to our situation....

I use a Weatherby 243 my bud sighted in 20 years ago in college and it's never needed an adjustment so I'm kind of a newbie at this.
Santa brought my boy a camo Savage Axis 223. We took it to the range tonight and had an awful time. The target (25 yds) had 5 bullseyes- 1 in the middle and 1 in each corner. We only aimed at the center bullseye but every shot grouped in the bottom right bullseye. After the first shot I gave two clicks up and two left. Next shot moved about an inch but was still about 4 inches low and 4 inches right. I gave both adjustments about 6 more clicks each. Shot barely moved. Tried again with 10 more clicks each and shot. The last shot was only about an inch higher and 1/2 inch left of the very first shot. Is this normal? I thought it took very few clicks. Can anyone help us please? We leave in a day to go hunt and we want to use this for varmints or whatever.

It's totally stock with the Bushnell scope. The ammo is Remington UMC Jacketed Hollow Point 50 gr. http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/s...7825/cat100114