I've had this right handed Stevens 200 for awhile now. I bought it for playing with off the bench so I can use a bi-pod and cycle the bolt with my off hand. That said I'm not real concerned with weight but I would like to have the option to use it on coyote stands. I've pretty much ruled out the boyds "pro-varmint""tacticool"...I've seen a few posts of them cracking "chambering will be 300wsm with 215-230gr" and I'm not looking forward to adding pillars and bedding. Seems like after I did that I'ld have about the money invested that a choate would run.

With the choate will I still need to skim bed or the aluminum block enough?

I've looked through the build and picture threads and keep reading about how big the barrel channel is, but I couldnt find any close ups of the gap. What contour barrel would look decent. I was thinking light varmint would look ok and still light enough to pack.

What contour are you guys running and can you snap a picture of the gap between the stock and barrel?

Any advise appreciated. Lonnie

The best picture I found of the barrel channel was 65Impala's picture on page 24 of the custom pictures thread but it still hard to see.