OK guys and gals. Here is my problem. I had gotten a CVA Accura muzzle load rifle as a Christmas gift 2 years ago and never fired it. A friend of mine invited me on a last minute muzzle load only deer hunt in N.E. Nebraska so I accepted. I had mounted a Nikon 2 X 7 Pro Staff Shotgun scope with a BDC retical on the rifle but never shot it until last week wednesday. This rifle is far more accurate then I expected shooting 1 1/4 MOA. I sighted the gun in at 7 X shooting 3 1/4" high at 100 yards to be dead on at 150 according to the ballistic chart for my power belt bullets. Ready to go hunt. Fast forward to Tuesday morning. Sitting in a nice heated deer blind I see that there is a substantial amount of timber and cedars so I opted to set the scope to 2 X so I might be able to pick up a deer quickly in the woods. The furthest shot would be 95 yards so 2 X would be more then enough. Shortly after I get set up I see two bucks approaching from my right. First is a small 2 year old. Next is a very healthy 6 or 7 year old 9 point with a very respectable rack. They turn and drop down an incline of 45 degrees and get to 85 yards. There are alot of rubs and scrapes and the area is open enough that the 9 point gave my a classic broadside shot. I was shooting down that 45 degree angle and I opted to put the crosshairs on the deer for a heart shot thinking the bullet is going high already and shooting down will only add to the height. I don't like spine shooting deer. Too much tenderloin dammage. This gun has an ammaizing trigger. The rest out the window is rock solid. Breath, Squeeze and pow! I see the round impact just under the deer. I'm thinking maybe the bullet passed through and that is what I saw. No such luck. Clean miss. How can this be. I can't miss from that scenario but in fact I did. Now I'm beating myself up trying to think what I did wrong. We get back to the cabin later that morning and I can't take it. I take an empty box from a case of soda and take it out to 60 yards. Load the gun and crank the scope to 7 X. Pow! About 3" high. What in the heck is going on. Perfect. Then I remembered I had the scope set down to 2X. I crank it down, reload and pow. I don't see the hole. I walked up to the box the the bullet shot 2" below my point of aim!!! Has anyone ever heard of anything happening like this before? Sorry for the long story but does anyone have any thoughts on this at all? Thanks in advance for any help.