Quote Originally Posted by Bigeclipse View Post
I can only speak for criterion as that is the only one I have shot but it is amazing! Call Northland shooters supply as they have many criterion barrels on hand. They might already have a barrel that will work for you, if not, the wait time is as others stated about 18 weeks which is NOT bad compared to many companies out there. As for my barrel it is a 7mm rem mag. I have only worked up one load with it with 160 grain accubonds with IMR 7628. BUT here is where it gets interesting...I tested a few different powder charges...the worst was .6inch group at 100 yards and the best was one ragged hole guestimate being .2inch group. that was surprisingly good. Either I was lucky in bullet choice and powder charge, which I doubt, or the barrel simply shoots well. This is with a Bell and Carlson stock that has an aluminum chassis like the stock you are talking about and my stock does not have any other further bedding. I also tried factory remington core lokts before working a load up and those shot all under 1 inch at 100 yards, I think the worst group was .8inches or so. I have never heard a bad thing about criterion or shilen but I have heard some bad things about McGowen but I also heard they made things right in the end. If it were me id go with criterion, shilen, pac nor, kreiger by whomever is either the cheapest or the fastest depending on what is more important to you.
Thanks for the info. Kreigers are six to seven months out. I know because I'm having a full custom built in 7mm Rem Mag and I'm looking to get it sometime in June. I will probably do the Criterion if I don't decide to have the smith do the Hart. I get antsy even though 16 weeks puts me in April and its still cold in Michigan in April. You might try the 180gr Bergers in your 7mm. They're lazers and stable out at longer distances.