So a couple weeks ago I grabbed an Axis SR for a steal with the $50 rebate.
I ordered some TPS low rings, and EGW 0moa mount and a Primary Arms 4-16 x 44 optic.
This all came in a hair under $500.

I lightly blue loctited all fasteners and used a small torque wrench to install everything.
While I was waiting for the rifle, I made my first .308 reloads using varget and 175gr Nosler CC BTHP with once fired range pickup brass and win LR Primers.
I full length sized the brass and loaded up a middle of the road load using several data sheets as reference.

I planned on doing some modifications to the trigger and stock, but did not do so before my first range trip.
First day at the range I used some PPU factory ammo to get a zero. Within 3 shots I was in the black. After a few more I had a decent zero.
The factory trigger was VERY heavy but seemed to break fairly clean.

So I moved it out to 200 yards to test out the reloads.
I was blown away by the accuracy of a sub $500 out the door price of this rifle with loads that hadn't even been developed yet.

It measures around 1.2" at 200 yards. This was without rezeroing for the reloads.

Fast forward to the next weekend and I took it out to the 100 yards range (200 yard range closed this week) and worked on the zero a little more.
After a few minor adjustments to the scope I sat down to fire a group.

.58" at 100 yards.