I've read all the horror stories of twisting an action with a rear entry wrench. I am assuming they are talking about the wrench model that just catches the action at the rear inch or so. I can see that twisting pretty easy. But how about the full rear entry action wrench that goes all the way into the chamber area. Seems to me that it is holding the same area as the clamp on action wrench holds, just from the inside.
I plan on using an oak wood block clamp style action wrench which I built. I am using a bolt for the recoil lug to hit on before it twists in the wood. Will this put to much twist on the lug? I could also add a bolt screwed into the action to add a little more hold.
The reason I ask about the full rear entry action wrench is that I plan on using it in addition to my homemade oak job. So far the only coin out of my pocket is on the SSS barrel nut wrench.
The rear entry wrench is milled and turned on a lathe. The oak blocks are cut to pretty close tolerances. Not some redneck backyard hack job. Just keeping costs down in a bad economy. (That's what they say at work ALL the time now). Thanks