Good Evening All,

Any of you have any experience with the Hornady HPBT 75 grainers in 223Rem? I put together a dummy round which gave me about 1/8" of spare space in the Mag, ran it through and it fed and chambered nicely with no rifling contact noted.

When looking at recommendations however 2.250" was the book so I loaded em up shorter. All good firing, but I have to wonder if I could get tighter groups lengthening the round back up closer to the lands. The setup was 23gr 4064, using Winchester Small Rifle primers. Anything over 23gr with this pill is going to be very compressed using the 4064 from what I can see, the 2.250" seating puts the pill in the case fairly deep. I wouldn't mind trying another .5gr of powder, but it seems not to be feasable with this seating depth.

Any advice from experience on this round? Has anyone seated at 2.375" with good success?

I'm a newbie at reloading, although I've done years worth of reading first, but advice from the experienced is always welcome.

As a side question, are the Winchester primers a little soft as compared to other brands?

Thanks for any info!