I picked up a 10 FXP in .308 at Wal-Mart for $350 but unlike the others I had looked at there, this one was a blind box that I didn't notice until I got home (lesson learned). I really wanted the detachable mag and when I noticed the stock wasn't true, I contacted Savage about getting a replacement. My replacement stock was unavailable and the CS rep upgraded me to an LE stock with the DBM (very nice of him). I purchased the floor plate, metal trigger guard, and metal DBM. Put everything together and noticed the stock was set up for a heavyweight barrel (huge gap around barrel) and that the L.O.P. was about 14.25" compared to 13-13.25" where I have it set on all my other rifles. The stock and butt pad is not able to be cut down. The original stock LOP was right at 13". The CS rep said they would swap the barrel for me to the tune of $300 after sending the rifle in.

Looking for the best bang for the buck; here are my questions given 99% shooting off bench and 1% hunting:

1. Should I just keep the sporter barrel with DBM and find a Boyd's $100 stock and call it a day?
2. I know there are lots of advantages of going to a heavy weight barrel. Is $300 and unknown turnaround time a good deal? Not sure which Savage stock it would come with but would most likely have to be replaced.
3. Should I get the NSS lug and nut and put it on a used hw fluted barrel from Snipershide that shoots 5/8 MOA and a get a good aftermarket stock?
4. If they give me an option of a stock (accustock won't fit my action) which stock would you recommend? I would expect I'd pay some $ for the upgrade.

Thanks for the help. I looked through numerous pages here trying to find my scenario. If I missed it, please send me the link.