My last F-Class open match I was using CCI Small Magnum Rifle primers (450) in my rifle and I noticed something odd, when I went to eject the round, smoke came out of the receiver twice. I pulled out the bolt and did an inspection and all seemed fine, then I noticed that the primer was pierced. First time I had ever seen that. I shoot a 6BR and this could be a sigh of overpressure (from what I read) but there were no other signs other than that. I'm loading 30g of Varget at a conservative 2743 FPS. Well I also had 4 misfires. Primer was struck but no ignition.

Not something you see from CCI primers very often and I'm about 3/4 way though the 1000 primers in the box. Bad primers? I had at least three fliers in that match but wind was definitely a factor so it was hard to tell. You guys think it may be something else? Rifle is a Savage 12 F-Class with a few minor modifications, but nothing done to the bolt itself.

Just curious, what are you BR shooters using from primers? The Magnums were suggested to me by a few other F-Class 6BR shooters so I just stuck with them.