So I have owned a few Savage rifles over the years, and currently own a synthetic, accutrigger 110 30-06 (Wal-Mart special) While the rifle is very accurate with my handloads it sucks with factory ammo spitting out 2"+ groups, when I load them a little longer around 3.30" I am getting consistent 1/2" groups at 100yards (165gr BTSP over H414 and 150gr SST/TTSX over RL19) Is this common that the XP series Savages shoot poorly with factory ammo or is mine just a fluke?
My Savage is not the only rifle I own that does that, my A-Bolt 7mm-08 won't hold 5" at 100 with any factory ammo yet is easy sub-MOA loaded to near max length with H380 or Big Game.
I am thinking about adding a 270 Win or a 300 Win Mag to the collection this year and I would like a rifle that shoots factory and handloads well like my Tikka does, that little monster holds 3/4" with the cheapest factory fodder I could find and drills one hole groups with 129gr SST over RL19.
What kind of accuracy are you getting out of your low end Savage 110/111s with factory fodder?