Guess I need to brush up on my Savage 111 knowledge. I just picked up a large shank, stagger feed Savage 111 in 7mm Rem Ultra Mag. The bolt is a control feed, which was to my delight as I did not know Savage made those at on time, also, the stock has metal pillars in the Tupperware stock?? Something I guess I didn't know either. All good stuff though. Turns out that I got a heck of a deal on the gunbroker... Anyway, I would like to do a conversion to a 300 RUM. I already have a brand-new stainless 300 RUM Barrel, lug and nut (large shank as well). As far as I can tell from the research, 7mm RUM and 300 RUM have the same size boltface and about the same COAL. Is there anything that I would need to do besides a barrel swap? I'm sort of amazed that it is this easy. I usually end up having to change a few other things out...

Oh, and just to answer the question, "why would I want to change to the .300 RUM?" answer= I already own a 30-30, 7.62x54R, 7.62x39, (2) .308, 30-06 and a 300 Win Mag. So, I want to keep it in the 30 caliber family. This will round out my collection nicely!