It only took me 12 years of running this site to finally do it, but I finally bought my first Model 99 today. They're few and far between here in northwestern Ohio, and if/when you do happen across one at a gun show they're either in pretty rough shape, way over priced, or both. Today just happened to be my lucky day as I found a nice clean example with minimal wear and handling marks for what I consider to have been a very reasonable price of $550.

It's a pre-mil model chambered in .300 Savage with checkering. Has a pistol grip butt stock and a schnobel tip forearm. Also has a brazed on sling mount just forward of the forearm but I'm not sure if it was factory or something added later. Bluing is probably 85-90% with no major scratches, gouges or pitting anywhere. Only really noticeable defect anywhere is up on the top of the receiver where it was D&T'd for scope mount screws. Buttstock shows some wear back by the butt plate, but otherwise the furniture is in fairly nice shape with no cracks or major flaws.

For the price I think I got a pretty darn good deal, but I'm sure Joe will tell me otherwise. haha

S/N is 658699
Can't locate a date stamp anywhere on the barrel like a 110, but there is a circular stamp with 26D in it located on the front side of the lever pivot.
If that's indeed the date stamp that should put it in 1952.

Pics: