Thread: Velocity isn't everything

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TC260 View Post
    Ah another handgun hunter in the making! Be careful, once you get used to just tossing the iron in a holster and heading out, hauling a rifle around is gonna feel weird. Then heaven forbid you get into Stikers, TC's, XP's....you're life is going to be ruined
    Most places I hunt rarely have a clear shooting lane of even 100 yds--and because I hunt very high pressure areas and like to go into deep and difficult areas (ignoring, of course, what I will do if I actually get something lol) the handgun made a lot of sense. Also reloading is FAR less expensive compared to rifle cartridges. I also like the funny looks I get at the range and the fact that nobody else ever shows up with 6 shooters and the semi-auto Glockheads are always busy spraying away at the 5 to 15 yd pits while I plug away at he 50. : )

Funny you mention the Striker--I looked around for em and couldn't find em--Ruger's website mentions them but no purchase details. Maybe the TC's have pretty much taken over the market.

Right now I've been looking long and hard at a Henry 45-70 gov lever action. It's kinda cool to feel like you're firing a piece of history.

Frank mentions OCD--I am a chronic case for sure. I just finished building a 6.8 spc carbine and am about to build a 264 lbc (more or less the same thing as a 6.5 Grendel). When the barrel on my Savage 111 6.5 284 flies south I'm gonna put a 260 on her. The projects never end nor does the reloading.
    Last edited by thermaler; 04-04-2014 at 09:00 AM.
    [B][COLOR="#FF8C00"]Shooting--it's like high-speed golf[/COLOR][/B]