So I got out this afternoon to do a little shooting with my new McGowen 260AI. It is 28 inches long and mounted on a flatback 110 action, stock trigger, EGW 20 MOA base, Burris Extreme Tactical rings with a SS 10x42 scope all in a Boyd's Classic stock which has been bedded. Up until this afternoon I have only shot unfireformed rounds through it. I have a total of 60 rounds through the barrel at this point.

Results:

To start today I fired 3 unfomed rounds that were loaded with 41.0 grains of IMR 4350 topped off with a 140 grain match Hornady bullet. I kind of pulled the first round a little cause I flinched and mashed the trigger pretty good. My first group was 1.43 outside to outside at a 100 yards. I was shooting from prone using a Caldwell front bag and a homemade bag in the rear. Average speed was 2630

Second group was same bullet loaded with 40.5 of IMR 4350 with an average speed of 2642 with a group size of .829 outside to outside.

Third and final group was 41.5 grains of IMR 4350 with an average speed of 2704 and group size of .689.

I pulled a snake through the bore 4 times after each group and waited about 5 min between the groups.... shots the time was less than a minute between shots.

I was hoping for a little more speed but IF I can get that group down below .5 I will be a happy camper!!!!!!!

I still have 6 different loads loaded up to try but I had to stop for the afternoon, have to take the kid to soccer practice...

Needless to say it was a good at the range and I am very very pleased with my McGowen barrel. I will order another one in the future.... oh wait I already did a 1/7 22-250!!!!