Picked up a 7mm-08 Mod 11 XP the other day, and last night I grabbed the Hornady Tool to document the OAL's with various bullets I had in the cabinet.

Hornady's, Speers, Barnes and Nosler, no problem... When I got to the Sierra's using the 140 Pro Hunter and Game King I took the measurements and recorded them.

Here is where the fun begins.. I had some 140 PH loaded for a Encore and Browning that I shoot and they were loaded to a COL of 2.780. The current Sierra manual shows them loaded out to 2.800. Checking the Ogive distance on the loaded rounds with the Hornady tool, the measurements were telling me I was dead on the rifling or just a hair too long! I chambered a few just to see if they would. They will but felt a lot of resistance.

I had another box loaded to 2.800. Grabbing a few of these, they would not Chamber at all!!

Seating the bullet to 2.700 puts me right about .08 off according to my measurements.

Thinking back, I had the same issue with Sierra Bullets and the 111 XP in 30-06. OAL's of book figures were way to long.

Anyone else seen this or ran into this issue.

Heck... If they shoot I could care less where they are seated, but it makes me wonder what type of lead in Savage has put into these barrels. One of these days I might buy some cerrosafe and do a chamber cast. On second thought... Naw... I don't want to scare myself...