I recently acquired an older, I'm assuming 110 Savage in .243, that is in need of some TLC. Thanks to user Foxx, I have successfully switched this rifle from a DBM over to a blind mag. Now my problem is the bolt head extractor. It will either the casing before ejecting it or leave it lodged in the barrel, not latching on to it at all.

When troubleshooting the problem, I took the extractor out of one of my 12FV Savages and tried to put it in the bolt head, but the thickness of the 12 extractor is more than the old one in this rifle, and would not slide in the bolt. However, I have found an extractor, but curious as to what I need to order because there are a ton of 110 Savage options, many of them have letters after them. I'm guessing none of those letters apply to the standard 110 action/bolt, and just mean certain options on the firearms. Am I correct on that?

I would like to have one of the upgraded extractors that I've read you can get, and have seen a picture of at Sharp Shooter Supply, but I can't find anything on their website in the bolt parts section about extractors or other parts. All I see are bolt handles and the fluting option they offer. Should I call them?

If that falls through, can I just pick up a 110 Savage extractor from the Savage parts site I have found? Any help is appreciated....Thanks