Asked a Smith up in Louisville, and he told me this wasn't a Savage trigger having the four screws. Well actually five if you count the one attached to the little rod. So does anyone know what kind of trigger this is besides a dirty one...LOL. Old rifle getting ready to go through a major cleaning in the near future. For the record, I didn't let this trigger get in this shape. I bought the rifle the other day, and just haven't had time to break it down and give it a good cleaning.

If not knowing what kind it is. Can anyone tell me what screw does what. The problem I have is when I set the trigger to the middle stage, which is still a safe, but I can work the bolt. All I have to do is apply some pressure to it, and the trigger will turn loose. When this happens, it will not reset when I work the bolt. After if fires, in the middle position, I can open the bolt and slide it all the way out of the action because the bolt release is down, and won't come back up. It takes some moving of the bolt and squeezing of the trigger to get the bolt release to reset itself. I don't like that...Could it be all the crud that has built up possibly inside the working internals of the trigger?