I want to order the laminated stock that came on the LEFT HAND Savage 12 Varmint Low Profile. It was set up with a blind magazine, and the 4.4" short action. I tried calling Savage, but didn't have any luck. The parts fellow I spoke to says he cannot find it in their old catalogs (it is discontinued) but if I had a serial number they could assist me.

Well, that would be great, but I don't own one, just want the stock! I neglected to ask, but might it be possible to find it with the item stock number Savage assigns to each of their rifles?

The stock is attractive for any number of reasons. It is laminated, has pillars, no cheekpiece, and most importantly, closely resembles the old Winchester 70 Marksman stock. It would make a great all-around rifle stock for varminting, bench work, even prone with some adjustments.

If anyone could provide a serial number of one of theirs, it would be tremendously useful. Using that, I could find the part number for that exact stock. In future, anyone wanting that stock would have the correct part number.

Anyone?