Hello all, I found SavageShooters while looking for information on a stock I recently picked up. My employer was discarding a rifle stock that caught my eye and, being a natural scavenger I grabbed it. It is an "Ultimate Sniper" stock designed by Major John Plaster. The inside/blind magazine well says "Savage 110" with my Google-fu telling me it is for a Savage long action. All in all it is in very good shape with only a few rust spots. It is missing a few pieces like the detachable sling point on the T rail and the rubberized butt pad, but I won't be crying about those.

I would like to build a rifle out of this stock as it feels very solid and natural but don't know where to begin. I am leaning toward either a 300 Win Mag or .308 for caliber. To the stock itself I will probably sand down the grips and repaint it. My end result would be to have a solid 300-500 meter rifle for about $1000, which should be feasible since I have the $250 stock out of the way. Uses will be hunting and target shooting.