Thread: Which Scope For F-Class

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Which Scope For F-Class

I've been interested in getting into some sort of competitive shooting, and have went to a couple different kinds of matches. First was short range Benchrest, then long rang Benchrest. On more than one occasion other shooters that I was talking to at the matches suggested F-Class based on what I was telling them I was interested in, So I guess I am interested in getting into F-class. Being inside an hour from the Benchrest club in St. Louis, I figure it might be a good time and it's close so I figure I'll kick the tires a bit here and see what is involved/needed equipment wise. I have a .223 I could use to get started, but it is my coyote rig so I don't want to trick it out, just get my feet wet. I am one scope short on my rifles due to a failure during hunting season, and I need to order a scope for this rifle anyway. At this point I'm looking real hard at the 6-18 Nikon Buck master for this rig. My question is; Will this Scope get me good enough glass for F-class? I think they shoot 600 and maybe 300 yds. Keep in mind it is my hunting rig, and I just want to get my feet wet, but don't want to be laughed off the line. What are most of you all using or what did you start out with.

one more thing...anyone know of a good book or good links about F-class.
    Last edited by ShowMeShooter; 02-03-2014 at 02:37 AM.