I have a few questions about my savage model 11VT .308 win (the dick's sporting goods exclusive rifle).

I'm wanting to swap the factory stock to a "Boyd's FEATHERWEIGHT THUMBHOLE SAVAGE 110 BOTTOM BOLT RELEASE DBM LONG ACTION FACTORY BARREL CHANNEL PEPPER LAMINATE FINISHED" Part ID : 43A294C-06-112

I have been reading up on here about the rifle and it seems that there is quite a few things I need to look at & understand better for doing a stock swap on it. From what I've read so far this rifle uses an axis style mag & latch system. Most stocks I've seen say "DBM" which if I'm correct in my reading is a metal mag & latch system. They say you can order bottom metal from savage to accommodate for the new stock which makes me assume that the plastic bottom metal insert in my factory rifle is not interchangeable to the new stock. According to the Boyd's info from the website this stock will accommodate for the bottom release bolt & DBM, but may require to purchase the bottom metal component system through Savage or any aftermarket component supplier. It also states they use a flat bottom metal design, which may require more parts for mounting trigger guards, and plastic bottom metal etc.

It's a bit confusing to me being as this is my first savage rifle & the first time I've looked into a stock swap. Any insight on wether or not this stock will work for my rifle & a list of parts required for this conversion would be greatly appreciated.

I personally am not a fan of the plastic magazine bottom & catch. As a mechanic I see plastic parts failing & breaking all the time and would prefer a metal box & latch system if there is one applicable to fit this rifle & stock together.