I am working on my first rifle build. I will have a savage 110 Long Action with small shank. The barrel will be a 24" varmint contour barrel from what I understand it has the same contour as a factory Savage varmint barrel. I am looking at Boyds stock and for what I want the Boyds classic or Prarie Hunter will have the looks I am going for. problem is they are only made for factory sporter barrel.

My question is can I use either of these stocks and be able to open the barrel channel enough to fit in those stocks barrel channel. The channel is .750 inches with appoximately .010-.015 clearance. The barrels diameter tapers to just under .800. Does any body have any ideas or even have the same setup as I do.

I also am wondering one other thing. Can I reuse the barrel nut that will be on the factory barrel.

The caliber will be a 6.5x55 Swede.

Thanks you guys for all the info I have learned over these forums the last few months and also for any info y'all can give me. I appreciate it also if you have any suggestions or questions feel free to ask them.